What is the O-Shot?
The O-Shot or Orgasm Shot is a minimally invasive, non-surgical treatment to rejuvenate vaginal tissues and increase sexual pleasure in women experiencing low libido and difficulty achieving orgasm. The O-shot procedure involves the injection of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) derived from your own blood into the clitoris and vagina while you are under local anesthesia. The PRP comprises cell regenerating growth factors which when injected into particular regions of the vagina, immediately activate the body’s own stem cells to increase blood flow and generate more functional and healthier tissue in the areas of sexual response in the vagina. This results in revitalization and rejuvenation of clitoral and vaginal function assisting women in experiencing orgasms with increased intensity.
Indications for O-Shot
The O-Shot utilizes growth factors from a woman’s own blood plasma to stimulate clitoral and vaginal rejuvenation and can assist in improving conditions such as:
- Decreased libido
- Decreased ability to achieve orgasm
- Vaginal dryness
- Stress or urge urinary incontinence
- Painful intercourse (dyspareunia)
- Chronic pain from an episiotomy, mesh, or surgical scarring
- Lichen sclerosus and lichen planus (a skin condition in the genital area)
How Does the O-Shot Work?
The O-shot is a simple and painless in-office procedure that takes about 20 minutes and women experience little to no discomfort. The procedure begins with a simple blood draw from your arm. Utilizing an FDA-approved centrifuge, platelets and growth factors are separated to create PRP. After applying a numbing cream to the vagina, a very fine, thin needle is employed to inject the PRP near the upper area of the vagina and the clitoris. Patients experience the effects of the O-Shot almost immediately with complete rejuvenation benefits after about three months. On average, the O-Shot treatment lasts about 12 to 18 months.
Risks and Complications
The O-shot is a safe procedure with most patients experiencing minimal to no side effects. However, you may experience the following complications at the injection site. These include:
- Pain and soreness
- Allergic reaction
- Pinching sensation while injecting O-shot
Benefits of O-Shot
Some of the sexual health benefits of O-shot treatment include:
- More frequent and more intense orgasms
- Heightened libido and increased sexual desire
- Increased ability to have vaginal orgasms
- Increased clitoral sensitivity and arousal
- Improved skin texture of the vulva (vaginal lips)
- Increased vaginal lubrication
- Tightening of the vaginal opening
- Relief from painful intercourse
- Decreased urinary incontinence
If you are one of those women who is suffering from loss of vaginal sensitivity and low sex drive, then O-shot may be just the thing you require to overcome your problem. The best way to determine if it is the right choice for you is to schedule a consultation with your urologist to ask questions about it and see if you are a suitable candidate for Q-shot. Contact your urologist for a private conversation and learn more about how you can improve your sexual life with O-shot.
- Prostate: Cancer and Benign Conditions of the Prostate
- Urooncology: Kidney, Bladder, Testicular, Penile Cancer and Retroperitoneal Masses
- Renal Stone Disease
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Andrology and Erectile Dysfunction
- Incontinence, Female Urology and Urodynamics
- Laparoscopic, Open Surgery and Endourology
- One Stage Services
- Paediatric Urology